How to Apply

On the Onondaga campus:

  1. The interested student must first meet with the Faculty Trip Leader assigned to the class. At that meeting, the Trip Leader will provide the information and forms necessary for the student to register.
  2. The student makes the required deposit for the trip at Student Accounts.
  3. The student brings a copy of the deposit receipt and the completed paperwork to Academic Services.
  4. The student is then able to register for the class.

On other campuses within the State University of New York (SUNY):

  1. Students interested in studying abroad should contact their academic advisor about the feasibility of studying abroad for their curriculum.
  2. The student should contact the Financial Aid office to see if eligible for financial aid to cover the costs of studying abroad. Please be advised that financial aid may not cover all costs associated with study abroad and you my need additional funding to supplement the costs.
  3. The student applies directly to the university/college sponsoring the desired program. Tuition and program fees are paid directly to that institution.
  4. Once accepted into the program by the sponsoring institution, the student should request a review of OCC course equivalencies for courses taken abroad. The course credits taken abroad will be transferred back to OCC and recorded on the¬†transcript as OCC equivalent credits. Contact the Transfer Coordinator at [email protected] or (315) 498-2383.