Office 365 Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access Office 365?
access Office 365, go to http://webmail.sunyocc.edu. Log in with your student
e-mail address: [email protected] (ex [email protected]
) and the password you use to log into the OCC (Onondaga Community College) network.
What do I get with Office 365?
- Active Students will receive the following:
- Access to Office 365 cloud applications, such as Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Access, OneNote, and Outlook.
- Ability to download the latest Office application suite on up to 5 personal devices
- To download your free copies of Office 365, go to: http://getoffice.sunyocc.edu.
do I receive support or help for Office 365?
licenses allow the college to offer Office 365 as a free service to students
and employees. The Helpdesk is available to troubleshoot log-in issues and can
only provide limited support. Any issues related to the use of Office 365 and
its applications should be directed to Microsoft. If you’re experiencing issues
trying to install Office 365, see Troubleshoot
Office installation with Office 365 for business.
Uninstalling Office and Deactivating Licenses
If you decide to
discontinue the use of one of your devices, get a new one, or decide you no
longer want Microsoft Office installed, you can uninstall the applications and
make one of your free licenses available to use on another device.
To uninstall from a PC:
- Open the Start menu
- Click Control Panel
- Select Programs, or Programs and Features
- Select Uninstall a program
- Search for Microsoft Office 2016 and select it
- Click Uninstall
uninstall from a Mac:
- Open Finder
- Select Applications
- Search for Microsoft Office 2016
- Drag the program icon to the Trash
you have uninstalled Microsoft Office from a device, visit the OCC Office 365
homepage (sign in from http://webmail.sunyocc.edu) to deactivate the license used so it can be applied to another device.
to Deactivate a License:
- Go to the OCC Office 365 homepage
- From the homepage, click on the
gear on the top bar
- Select Office 365 settings from the drop
- Click the Software category
- At the top of the page, the section Manage installs will appear. Locate
the device you wish to deactivate, and click deactivate to the right of
that device. In this section you can also see Detected Installs (the number of
devices you have installed Microsoft Office 2016 on)
- Click Yes when prompted “Do you want to deactivate this install
I take my Office 365 account with me once I leave OCC?
Microsoft does not allow your OCC Office 365 account to transfer to a personal