Central Authentication Service (CAS) Implementation Training
The IT Department is implementing Central Authentication Service (CAS) that provides Single Sign-on for multiple Web applications.
- Login: single sign-on for multiple web applications will begin on March 5, 2012 for the three most widely used systems:
- Outlook Web Access Employee Email
- Zimbra Student Email
- EZ Proxy – web based access to external library databases
- Location: on and off campus single-sign-on is supported
- Password reset: password reset will be done by users via CAS starting on March 5, 2012
- Initial Login: first time network login for students and employees can be on or off campus beginning March 15, 2012 (currently, this must be done on campus)
On March 16, 2012, the initial password for new students and new employees will changes from date of birth to the college ID for the OCC Network password and WebAccess password.
- WebAccess - password will be the network password, effective March 15, 2012
- Security Question - the first time a student or employee logs in using CAS, they will need to setup a security question; the security question is used to reset your own password
- User Name:
- Existing Employee’s and Student’s user name will not change
- New Employee’s and Student’s user name format, effective March 15, 2012, will be the first initial followed by a period, middle initial (if provided) followed by a period and the last name. In some instances, a number may be included if another user has the same name.
John Smith = j.smith (all lower case with no space after the period)
John A. Smith = j.a.smith
- Password for new Students and Employees: when WebAdvisor is CAS enabled on March 15, 2012 the password will change from the MMDDYY format to the seven digit student/employee ID number including the leading zero
- Password for legacy Students and Employees: on March 16, the WebAdvisor password will be the network password.
What do departments need to do to prepare for CAS:
- Update internal procedures and documents
- Cascade the information to all support staff
- Review the CAS support documents
- Contact Kathy Mullura, for additional support or department help including a presentation at a department meeting