Accessing the College Network
Access to the OCC network is strictly controlled by the use of a user name and password to protect your privacy and comply with federal law. Do not share this information with anyone.
Your user name and initial password is automatically created when you first register for a credit class at the college. Returning students keep their same user name and password as last semester.
- Your user name is made up of the first initial of your first name followed by a period + your middle initial (if you provided one to us in the past) followed by a period + your full last name.
- Example: John E. Smith = j.e.smith (lower case)
- If your user name is not unique based on this rule, a random number will be added to the end of your last name (for example, j.e.smith398).
Don't know your user name? You can use any browser on or off campus to find out what your user name using WebAccess and selecting Account Information and then What's my User Name? link on the bottom of the page, or by contacting the Helpdesk.
In addition to your user name, you must enter a secret password when you log on. Your password will be the same to log in to WebAccess, the college network, and other web applications.
- First Time Password
- The very first time you log on, your password will be your identification number (ID). The system will require you to change this password the first time you log on.
- Creating a New Password
- Passwords must be 8 characters and must contain one lowercase letter, one uppercase letter, and one number. Your password must not include any part of your name.
- Passwords will expire and need to be changed every 180 days. You will be notified when they are ready to expire.
- When you change your passwords, it will be changed for accessing the network, WebAccess, and other web applications.
Don't remember your password? You can use the Central Authentication Service (CAS) to change your password or retrieve a forgotten password. CAS is avaiable by clicking the Email link on the Current Students portal page or Employees portal page. Also, you can have your password reset by going to the Academic Computing Center (please have picture ID) or by calling the Helpdesk.
Logging on for the First Time
- Log on to the Clasnet domain from any computer.
- Change your password.
- Once this is done, you will be able to access your e-mail and the library databases from any computer either on or off campus.
- If you encounter a problem, please contact the Helpdesk.