"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Integrating community service with academic instruction
Service-Learning integrates community service with academic learning, focusing on:
- critical and reflective thinking
- social and personal development
- civic responsibility
Combining academics with community service helps students better understand what they are learning in the classroom.
- A deeper understanding and appreciation of course content
- Develop writing, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Learn about cross-cultural and intergenerational communication skills
- Explore career opportunities and enhance resumes
- Learn about the needs of the local community
- The opportunity to make a positive difference
Discover more about Service-Learning in the latest Newsletters: