I hear and I forgot.
I see and I remember.
I do and I understand.
Service-Learning is an experiential learning opportunity that integrates community service with academic learning, focusing on:
· critical and reflective thinking
· social and personal development
· civic responsibility
Combining academics with community service helps students better understand what they are learning in the classroom.
· A deeper understanding and appreciation of course content
· Develop writing, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
· Learn about cross-cultural and intergenerational communication skills
· Explore career opportunities and enhance resumes and transfer applications
· Learn about the needs of the local community
· The opportunity to make a positive difference
Past and current courses that have offered a service-learning experience in one or more sections:
SPA 101, 102, 201, 202
Don’t see a course that fits with your schedule? You can add a service-learning experience to any course by developing a Service-Learning Contract with the instructor of the course.