Tuition Payment FAQs

The Student Accounts Office is the place where student tuition and fee payments are made. 

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. When is payment due?

A. Full payment of tuition and fees for the semester is due by the following dates: 

  • Fall 2016 is due in full by July 15, 2016
  • Winter 2017 is due in full by December 15, 2016
  • Spring 2017 is due in full by December 15, 2016
  • Summer 2017 is due in full by May 1, 2017
Q. When will I receive my bill?

A. Once you register for courses you can access your bill 24 hours/day, 7 days/week through your WebAccess Account.  

Q. What methods can I use to pay my bill?

A. Checks should be made payable to Onondaga Community College for the exact amount due. Personal checks may not be accepted for amounts greater than the full-time resident tuition rate. Cashier's checks, money orders and cash are acceptable.  Payment can also be made online at with Mastercard, Visa and Discover. 

Q. Can I sign up for a payment plan?

A. Yes, the College offers a Payment Plan which allows you to pay the semester's tuition and fees over a four-month period. The cost is $33 each semester. The fall payment schedule is July through October. The spring payment schedule is December through March. The payments are due on the 20th of each month.

Q. How does my financial aid get credited to my account?

A. Students must meet certain financial aid application deadlines to defer tuition. These deadlines are usually a month in advance of the tuition payment deadlines. (See financial aid information for specific information.)  Failure to meet these financial aid application deadlines will require students to pay their tuition and fees themselves.

The Student Accounts Office will collect any money owed the College by a student from the first available funds. For example, tuition is deferred under TAP, Pell, VAVR, etc. The student receives funds from another source such as a student loan, prior to receipt of the TAP, Pell or VAVR payment. Money owed the College will be deducted from the first funds received. Any balance will be refunded the student. The student will then receive a check when the TAP, Pell, or VAVR funds under which tuition was originally deferred are disbursed.

Q. What if I change my mind after I've registered?  Or what if I stop attending classes? Can I get a refund?

A. Yes, View all refund information.

Q. My employer has a tuition reimbursement plan.  Can you send my bill to them?

A. The College may honor an authorization to bill an outside agency, company, etc., for employee tuition programs.  The authorization must state that the college will be paid directly upon receipt of billing, regardless of academic performance.  In the event the College is not reimbursed, the student is held responsible for payment of the bill.