Students, Faculty, Administrators and Staff all receive a LAZER CARD, the official ID card of Onondaga Community College. The card features a convenient, pre-paid debit account option for making purchases all across campus.
Using Your LAZERCARD Off Campus
You can now use your LAZER CARD for purchases off campus at participating businesses.
FAQ’s for the LAZERCARD
What is the LAZERCARD?
The LAZER CARD is the official identification card of Onondaga Community College as well as the only way to access the residence halls if you reside there. The Lazer Card also features a convenient, pre-paid debit account option for making purchases on campus. You can also complete many transactions online using the Get Funds portal.
Where is the LAZERCARD issued?
LAZER CARDS are issued at the LAZER CARD office outside the box office in the SRC Arena.
What do I do if I lose my LAZERCARD?
Please Note: You are responsible for reporting a lost card.
A lost card can be reported in one of 2 ways:
If you lose your LAZER CARD call Campus Security at 498-2478, or if during hours of operation the Lazer Card office at 498-2270 immediately. After the card is reported lost it will be deactivated.
You can report your card lost by logging into Get Funds using your OCC e-mail address and OCC network password. Once you are logged into the system select Report a Lost Card from the left tool bar. You’ll be asked “Do you want to report your card as lost?” Select Yes.
The only way to protect your funds on the card and the access to your residence hall building is to report the card lost as soon as possible. To obtain a new card a $28 fee would need to be paid at the Student Accounts office and a receipt of this payment presented to the Lazer Card Office for reissuing. Your account will remain the same, and any existing funds that were on the card when it was inactivated will remain.
Where can the debit function of the LAZERCARD be used?
You can utilize the debit function of the LAZER CARD at the following locations around campus:
- Dining hall, Mawhinney dining location, and coffee bar areas
- Laundry facilities in the residence halls
- Vending machines on campus
- Off Campus Advantage program participating location:
- Burger King #250 Onondaga, 4734 Onondaga Rd
- Burger King #602 3332 W. Genesee St. Syracuse, NY 13219
- Byrne Dairy, 4815 West Seneca Turnpike
- CVS #00354, 700 South Crouse Ave
- Dennys, 5300 W Genesee Street
- Dennys 8120, 1440 W. Genesee St.
- Express Mart #382, 6896 East Genesee St
- Express Mart #383, 224 West Genesee St
- Froggers on the Hill, 4543 West Seneca Turnpike
- Green Hills Farms Stores, 5933 S Salina St
- Limp Lizard Bar n Grill, 4628 Onondaga Blvd
- Luigis Restaurant, 1524 Valley Dr
- Mirabito 4464 West Seneca Turnpike,Syracuse, NY 13215
- Murphys Convenience Shoppe, 5084 Velasko Rd
- Nice N Easy Grocery Shoppes, 7840 Oxbow Road
- Pita Pita on the Hill, 4841 South Ave
- Pizza Hut W Genesee, 3709 W Genesee St
- Pizzaz Pizza, 1916 South Ave, Syracuse, NY 13207
- Ponchitos Taqueria, 3800 New Court Avenue
- Ponchitos Taqueria, 410 W Seneca TPK
- Rite Aid #00631, 4001 South Salina St
- Rite Aid #00633, 1819 W Genesee St
- Rite Aid #03623, 522 W Onondaga St
- Rite Aid #10755, 5942 South Salina St
- Rite Aid #10758, 401 W Seneca Turnpike
- Rite Aid #10766, 4751 Onondaga Blvd
- The Art Store, 935 Erie Blvd East
- Tops Market #358, 5335 W Genesee St
- Tops Market #370, 2120 W Genesee St
- Tops Market #372, 4141 S Salina St
- Tops Markets #362, 620 Nottingham Rd
- Velasko Pizzeria n Deli, 4800 McDonald Rd
- Wings Over Syracuse, 4421 South Salina St
- Yamasho Hibachi Sushi, 4713 Onondaga Blvd #110 Syracuse, NY 13219
Where can I apply funds to my LAZERCARD?
Deposits can be made the following ways:
- You can apply funds to your LAZER CARD at the Student Accounts Office or the LAZER CARD Office. There, you will be asked to complete a deposit form indicating the amount you would like to deposit, the method of payment and the plan where you would like to deposit funds. There are three options active at this time: The Dining Option, the Vending / Laundry/Off-Campus Option and the Student Print Quota Option. The Dining Option includes purchases made in the Dining Hall, Whitney Dunkin Donuts and C3 Convenience Store in Mawhinney Hall. Funds can be applied using cash, check, money order, or credit card (MasterCard®, Visa® or Discover®) in person or over the phone.
- You can also apply funds to your LAZER CARD at the LAZER CARD Office. There, you will be asked to complete a deposit form indicating the amount you would like to deposit, the method of payment and the plan where you would like to deposit funds. There are three options active at this time: The Dining Option, the Vending/Laundry/Off-Campus Option and the Student Print Quota Option. The Dining Option includes purchases made in the Dining Hall, Whitney Dunkin Donuts, and C3 Convenience Store in Mawhinney Hall. Funds can be applied using Cash or Check at the Box Office in person.
- Deposits to your LAZER CARD can also be made through Get Funds. Simply log in and select DEPOSIT TO ACCOUNT from the tool bar. Determine an amount from the pull-down and select which SV&C plan you wish to deposit to and select "Submit." Follow the easy form and you’re done.
There is a $10 minimum deposit amount and all funds applied to the card are non-refundable and non-transferable. Funds are valid only for the current academic year through the last day of the Spring semester, unless the student is enrolled for summer sessions. If the student is enrolled for one or more summer sessions, his/her funds will expire on August 31st. LAZER CARD funds do not carry over into the next academic year. No cash withdrawals can be made from your LAZER CARD account.
Can I invite others to deposit into my account?
Yes you can. If you log into Get Funds and select INVITE TO DEPOSIT from the toolbar, a link is produced for you to share or send with someone to make a secure deposit directly into your LAZER CARD account using a credit card (MasterCard®, Visa® or Discover®).
What should I do if I experience a problem with my LAZERCARD?
If there is a problem with your card contact the LAZER CARD office. Please include the following information:
- Your full name
- Student ID#
- The specific location of the problem and any other detailed information that will assist in researching the problem.