Student Computing Info
Accessing the OCC Wireless Network
Go to Settings and Wireless on your mobile
device or laptop:
See: Welcome to OCC Network Page
(if you don't see this open a web browser)
Select: click here to connect to the network
Enter: your OCC username
Enter: your OCC password
Agree to the Acceptable Use Policy
Click Complete Registration
Computing Security Tips
- Create a strong password, and don’t share it
- Be wary of phishing and e-mail scams,
students are common targets.
- Contact the Helpdesk if you ever doubt
e-mails that appear to be sent by OCC.
- Be careful using public wireless, on and off campus, when accessing online services.
- Avoid posting too much or specific
information about yourself on social media.
- Keep your computers and mobile devices
upgraded to the latest versions.
Be safe, not sorry!
Responsible Computing Guidelines
The OCC network is intended for all your
computing and Internet needs. It is a privilege and a responsibility. Please keep in mind the following:
- OCC students are accountable to the
Acceptable & Responsible Computing Policy ( www.sunyocc.edu/acceptableuse ). Take a few minutes to acquaint yourself with it.
- Keep your computer up-to-date with virus and anti-malware protection. Windows users should ensure they have the most current version. An infected computer or mobile device may need to be prohibited from the network if it is a threat to others.
- Never communicate online what you would not say to others in person. Use social media and communication tools wisely.
- Understand copyright laws and never take material from other sources without appropriate citations. Talk to library professionals and faculty for more information.
- You leave ‘tracks’ wherever you go on the
Internet…your logins, your browsing, e-mail, social media, etc. Be smart!! If you engage in inappropriate or harassing behavior, your
activities can be investigated.
Student Technology Information
- Initial login to the OCC network
- Office 365 Account
(e-mail, OneDrive, Word, etc.)
- Computers on Campus
- IT Services Helpdesk
- Blackboard—Learning Management System
- Accessing the OCC Wireless Network
- Computing Security Tips
- Responsible Computing Guideline
- Use your OCC username and password to
connect to all online college resources.
OCC Username is: first initial.middle initial.last name (No capitals or spaces)
- Initial Login,
Your initial password is your 7 Digit OCC
Student ID# i.e 0654321
- After logging in for the first time you will be prompted to change your password.
- If you are unsure of your username or forgot
your password go to cas.sunyocc.edu
Click on Forgot Password. Follow the
prompts to reset your password.
Click on CAS Login Help. Follow the
steps under What's My User Name?
to retrieve your username.